Saturday, December 17, 2016

Special settings for Intel xdk iOS builds

Insert browser object in Construct2 and set to run javascript: "StatusBar.hide();"

This is to hide the statusbar in intel xdk ios build. Then in intel-xdk add plugin:

cordova-plugin-statusbar. Below is the minimum plugins for an iOS build. Note that you do not insert the cordova-plugin-ads-admob here, as that would cause a build fail.


Instead insert this line :

<intelxdk:plugin intelxdk:name="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-admob" intelxdk:value="https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-admob" />

at the bottom of the file: intelxdk.config.additions.xml, like this:



And below is the corresponding plugins in Construct2:


and below is the Construct2 cordova export settings:


Do not use WKWebview on iOS - you will get a blank black screen.

Finally, this is the whitelist setting for intel xdk for iOS under Build settings:



Put an asterisk * in Navigation field.

The above settings all work on iOS 10.0  upto 10.2 as at date of writing.





9 comments:

  1. Hi, I have uploaded my app to android with no problem, but now when I build for ios and upload it Apple rejects it. It says my buttons don't work on iphone with ios 10.2 what could be the problem?? Please help. Thank you so much. -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have uploaded my app to android with no problem, but now when I build for ios and upload it Apple rejects it. It says my buttons don't work on iphone with ios 10.2 what could be the problem?? Please help. Thank you so much. -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using Construct2 to make your games? If yes, do not use the buttons objects, instead use sprites to create buttons. Then to detect the touch, use the property on object touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I used construct 2, does it matter that my game works fine on Android phones with the touch input option? It's just apple huh that's gonna give me problems lol. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried testing it on iPhone/iPad running 10.2 ? If it fails then, switch to sprite buttons. I use sprite buttons for all my buttons for Android and iOS and never had any problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I tested it on iPhone with iOS 10.2 and just like Apple said, the menu buttons didn't work. I'm going to go back to construct 2 and use your method thanks :) And another thing is I'm building on Intel xdk on my windows computer, then I email the file and upload it to a Mac computer. Then I upload it to apple, but I just found out the Mac didn't have the latest update. could that be the problem too??

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ok it will work. I assume you are using Application Loader (on the Mac) to upload the ipa file to itunes. My Applicatin Loader is not the latest - it is version 3.0. My Xcode is version 6.0 but you don't need xcode if you are using Application Loader. My Mac OS version is 10.9.5 and I manage to upload all my games to itunes here without any issue: https://itunes.apple.com/artist/paul-chin/id951086752

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paul, I will let you know my outcome. :)

      Delete
    2. You are welcome Katarina. I wish you lots of joy and happiness in everything you do!

      Delete